- When counseling clients I typically address concerns such as stress, anxiety, self-esteem, communication issues, depression and improving relationships.
- As each individual is unique, therapy begins with an extensive individual evaluation to identify the needs of the specific person with whom I am working.
- My style is to collaborate with my client so that we can work together to best meet the client's needs. I find that each client has emotional and intellectual resources that help him/her to achieve the goals that he/she has established for therapy.
- I do not view therapy as an arrangment in which the all-powerful doctor cures the hapless patient, so if you are looking to be told what to do, rather than to work together to find solutions, I am not the psychologist for you.
- At the end of therapy you will be able to identify particular aspects of therapy, including changes that you've made in your behavior and thinking, that have helped you to reach your goals. This is important as you will be able to apply these changes in your life on an ongoing basis upon completion of therapy.